Gather & Gown, a local retailer of unique bridesmaids dresses, announced a new partnership with designer, celebrity wedding planner, entrepreneur and TV host David Tutera to create the David Tutera for Gather & Gown bridesmaid collection! David Tutera for Gather & Gown will unveil 24 new styles for 2017 incorporating David’s personal touch of glamour. Known for his fashion forward styling, Tutera’s designs will feature innovative, flattering silhouettes, new color options and a bit more sparkle and bling. The David Tutera for Gather & Gown collection will be affordably priced, in sizes 0-28 so that every woman looks and feels beautiful!
“A bridesmaid dress line is something I have been wanting to design for a long time,” says Tutera. “I know what brides are looking for in their wedding day vision and what bridesmaids need in terms of style, fabric and sizing options. This collection is like having your jewelry and accessories already designed within the fashion of the dress to create a major statement. I am proud to partner with Gather & Gown for my new collection that both brides and bridesmaids will adore.”
We had an amazing opportunity to chat with David Tutera about the debut collection, that will be featured on the catwalk this Sunday, August 28, 2016 at Your Wedding Experience presented by David Tutera. See what David had to share about the inspiration for the collection, and even thoughts of a 2018 line! Keep scrolling to see more what he had to say, and more information for the upcoming event all awaits below!
What inspired the designs for the Gather & Gown bridesmaids collection?
The style and sophistication that embodies the many brides that I work with and the weddings that I design inspired this collection for me. The collection definitely reflects my love for fashion forward silhouettes that flatter the body. We used new fabrics, like sequins, and combinations that add texture and make the dresses truly unique for any special occasion. For me, it was really important for the dresses to be available from sizes 0 to 28, at ONE price point—so the ladies who purchase a size 0 are paying the same price as the ladies purchasing a size 28!
What influenced this collaboration? & how did the partnership come into fruition?
I’ve been designing bridal and menswear collections for years now and I wanted to expand my designs beyond the couple. I knew there was a need in the market for a bridesmaid collection that stood out from the rest and catered to all shapes, sizes and budgets. When I was introduced to Gather & Gown we instantly clicked—they shared my passion for wedding fashion and understood my creative vision. We immediately began working closely together to translate that vision into a bridesmaid line that reflected the style, poise and confidence that every bridesmaid should have.
I am beyond excited to finally be launching our new line and premiering it for the first time on the runway this Sunday August 28th at the Your Wedding Experience presented by David Tutera show at The Pennsylvania Convention Center! I’ll be hosting an over the top runway show at the event for brides and grooms to get a first look at the collection and I can’t wait to see what they think! Tickets are still available to attend at www.yourweddingexperience.com, you can see my collection, meet Philadelphia’s top vendors, get inspired and meet me!
The styles in the David Tutera collection are so affordable? How do you think this collection will stand up against its competitors?
The styles we’ve designed definitely stand apart from everything else on the market right now. From the variations in colors, fabrics and style to the range in sizing, there’s so much value with each dress starting at $100 and topping out at about $250. Another thing that sets us apart is the fact that you do not have to pay a higher price point if you order a size above a 16, many bridesmaid collections do and I don’t think women should be singled out and penalized for what size dress they wear.
David Tutera for Gather & Gown, is seemingly off to a good start for it’s initial 2017 collection? Can we expect to see a 2018 line?
One thing I like to do is listen to what my brides (and bridesmaids) want. Since this is my first collection, I want to perfect it and work with brides to see what they like best from the 2017 line, and keep pushing in that direction for 2018. I do know that we will continue to expand the color and fabric offerings in 2018, we’re actually working on that now. The new colors in my collection for 2017 include ivory, light blue, cashmere, grey, pewter and a brilliant new red.
You can see more from the collection at the fashion show at the Your Wedding Experience presented by David Tutera.
“A one-of- a kind, live wedding event hosted by celebrity event planner and wedding extraordinaire David Tutera, tailored
to engaged couples, wedding planners and designers, offering endless wedding inspiration, reputable vendors and the
best possible resources all under one roof. Your Wedding Experience presented by David Tutera will provide couples
the opportunity to meet over 100 David Tutera Preferred wedding professionals, make connections, get inspired and save
time and money in the process, all while sharing a fun and enjoyable experience with family and friends.”
- Show Specials, Discounts & Prizes – Including, a consultation with David Tutera, David Tutera for Mon Cheri Wedding Gown Giveaways, Destination Honeymoon Giveaway, $500 Wedding Chicks Shop Gift Certificate, five $1,000 shopping sprees to spend with select sponsors to create the wedding of your dreams and more!
- Tips & Trends Stage – Join the wedding experts for day-long guidance on planning your wedding, staying within your budget, incorporating your own personal style and making your wedding as special as your relationship.
- Cocktail Lounge & Bar
- Photo Opportunities with David Tutera and special celebrity guests
- Sweetheart Table Designs – View inspiring and over-the-top tablescapes, place settings, linens, chairs and centerpieces and meet the designers as they talk live with David Tutera.
- Ring Selfie Station – Choose from various backdrops that suit your style, snap your bling and share with friends.
- Wedding Catwalk – Showcasing the hottest wedding fashions for the bride, groom and bridal party on the runway.
- Style for the Aisle – with featured blogger: Sukey Murphy, Get #YWEStyled with feature blogger Sukey Murphy and she
helps you accessorize your wedding day look.
- Live Band Showcase – Get a front row seat to Philadelphia’s top wedding bands. Get a feel for each band’s vibe and book
your favorite for your wedding.
- Nominate Your Fiancé – From the aisle to the catwalk, one lucky groom-to-be, will be chosen to model men’s formal wear in YWE’s full production fashion show hosted by David Tutera. Along with front row VIP seats for the winner’s fiancé and win a destination stay from Ask Me Weddings and Destination Honeymoon
• DIY Nail Polish Bar – hosted by The Budget Savvy Bride, Let’s you create your own custom shade of nail polish right on the show floor. Learn about the process and how you can incorporate it into your own wedding day celebrations.
WHEN: SUNDAY, AUGUST 28, 2016 / 10:00AM – 4:30PM
WHERE: PENNSYLVANIA CONVENTION CENTER – 1101 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107