Terrain, the naturally elegant location in Glen Mills, PA has been a historic Philadelphia for many years, and is favored in my book of wedding venues in the area! The amenities offered at Terrain are perfect for a couple looking for a natural rustic setting for a ceremony and reception. The dining area is decorated in homey decor and has an pastoral atmosphere that will have your guests enamored. The outdoor premises include a majestic greenhouse, an Indian wedding temple, and landscaped grounds that are perfectly romantic in every way. Not only is the magical oasis simply divine, but their organic seasonal fare menu is daintily mouth-watering. The peaceful ambiance at Terrain will leave you breathless and we had a chance to connect with the Terrain team to get an insiders opinion about what actually makes Terrain special.
Q&A with Terrain Team
1. How has Terrain become a wedding venue favorite? We offer a truly unique combination of locations and services. terrain pairs a horticultural setting with farm to table cuisine, a seasonally decorated space, and in-house floral and design services. Our restored barn provides a gorgeous backdrop for any wedding celebration, and our talented culinary team incorporates each client’s personal style into the event for a one-of-a-kind experience.
2. What was the natural concept behind Terrain? In 2008, terrain opened its doors on the site of the historic J. Franklin Styer’s nursery in Glen Mills, Pa. Merging house and garden, our aim is to transform the local garden center into a celebration of nature, community, seasonality, and self-expression. In our selection of plants and goods, at the café, and during every event, we’re constantly working to create a fresh experience for the senses.
3. About how many guests can the location accommodate, and how can a wedding party utilize the space? Our space can accommodate up to 110 guests for a seated dinner with space for dancing. An outdoor space with an Indian wedding temple is the centerpiece of many ceremonies, but we also offer an indoor ceremony space in case of rain. Our historic Mushroom House serves as our bridal suite.
4. In what unique ways have couples used the space? Most of our couples are fans of the store and restaurant who want to share the terrain experience with their guests. They’re often very creative, and we love collaborating with each couple to make sure their day is unique.
5. What do you think makes Terrain extraordinary? Between the historic setting, the temple, the blooming nursery, and the café, we offer a backdrop you can’t find anywhere else.